Macmillan Learning is a ground-breaking publisher of academic textbooks and digital learning resources across the STEM, Social Science, and Humanities disciplines. Our mission is to change lives through learning, and we are dedicated to combining world-class content and evolving technology to drive student success. We have recently expanded our international Sales and Marketing operations and are at the beginning of an ambitious journey to grow our global market share. As part of this, we are now looking for a Higher Education Territory Manager to join our UK and European Sales team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and innovative sales professional to help shape a new business division and play a key role in developing our future growth strategy. We are looking for someone who is comfortable selling both print and digital products, understands the specific needs of the Higher Education market in the Netherlands and Belgium, and has a proven track record of collaborating with universities and key industry partners across the sector.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Reach and exceed sales targets and objectives as specified each year.
- Strategically manage the territory in order to effectively prioritise efforts, identify and retain key existing adoptions and win appropriate new business that will drive growth and achieve sales targets.
- Use consultative selling techniques to identify key stakeholders’ needs and match print and digital products to those requirements, presenting ideas and winning adoptions that will generate clear revenue.
- Build relationships with senior decision-makers and budget holders across universities (Head of Departments, Director of Studies, Deans, Pro VCs, Academics), libraries, and trade partners.
- Identify the best sales channel for all adoptions. Proactively support trade partners in order to maximise sales of all adoptions and monitor sell-through of major business.
- Embed digital adoptions, drive activations and engagement, and ensure overall customer satisfaction in order to retain and expand digital business.
- Keep up to date on HE sector developments across the territory and share and discuss any new business opportunities they present.
- Contribute to the development of overall sales growth strategy and actively support the Head of Sales: UK & Europe to deliver and embed this strategy.
- Proven successful field sales record in a relevant market.
- A passion for education and desire to help transform learning through exceptional online education and an interest in the use of technology in education.
- Current valid full UK/European driving licence.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Confidence in dealing with senior academics and university staff.
- Experience of selling by phone, email, conferencing tools and face to face.
- Excellent communication skills, especially the ability to explain online content and the benefit it has to learning outcomes.
This position is home based anywhere in Netherlands/Belgium. Regular travel to visit customers or the London office will be required once possible.
The hours of the position are 35 hours per week.
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
To apply for this position please send us your CV plus a covering letter explaining why you want to work for us to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 22nd October 2021
Start Date: ASAP
Data protection privacy notice:
By applying for any roles at Macmillan Publishers International Limited (including Macmillan Learning, Pan Macmillan and MDL) you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stated here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice
Please, read these before submitting any applications