The IT department is seeking to recruit a Service desk analyst on 12 months fixed term contract. The successful candidate will report directly to the IT Delivery Manager. They will take full ownership of all aspects of providing first-line/desktop/application & hardware support.
Providing IT support for the following areas:
- First Line Support
Handling and recording all incoming IT issues and requests, and resolving where possible.
- Desktop Support
High level Operating System and hardware maintenance.
- Application Support (Off the Shelf)
Microsoft Office Suite, Google for Work.
- Hardware Support
Providing support for MFDs, Desktop Printers, Mobile Devices (RF and Label printers) and others. Diagnosing faults and arranging maintenance support if required.
Skills and knowledge:
Must have knowledge of:
- Conscientious and organised with good task time-keeping
- Competent in creating clear documentation of process and work instruction.
- Able to work to targets reliably with limited supervision.
- Competency with language to clearly articulate solutions and suggestions to others.
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 10)
- Basic understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of basic networking protocols and principles.
Ideally with knowledge of:
- The ITIL Framework
- ServiceNOW tool
- Active Directory Users and Computers
- The Book Industry and / or a Warehousing environment.
This is an exciting new role that requires strong IT, customer service and interpersonal skills, initiative and the ability to work with limited supervision, plus the flexibility to cope with a varied workload.
The position will be 37.5 hours per week and hours of work will vary between 07.00 am – 5.00 pm Monday to Friday. The role is based in Swansea at our distribution center.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
By applying for any roles at MPIL (including Pan Macmillan and MDL) you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stated here:
Please, read these before submitting any applications.
Closing Date: 24th May 2021
Possible Start Date: ASAP
Please email your CV to email@example.com and mention the role you are applying for in the subject.