We're looking for a Royalties Administrator to join our UK Shared Service Centre (SSC) in Basingstoke. The SSC is part of Macmillan Publishers International Limited which is comprised of Pan Macmillan and Priddy Books, our consumer publishing businesses, MDL, our Distribution business, and central support functions including HR, Finance and Legal.
The Royalties Assistant will be responsible for executing Royalties business. This role will report to the Royalties Manager.
The key responsibilities include:
- Manage completeness of author contracts, ensuring all are accurately set up and maintained within the Royalties system
- Manage completeness and accuracy of data for the calculation and payment of Royalties and Advances due to an author or other contributor
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of Royalty statements within contractual deadlines
- Assist in the payment of author Royalties and Advances
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of periodic reports
- Assist with general Royalty and Sub-Rights processes and queries
- GCSE Maths and English C or above, or equivalent
- Service management of external and internal stakeholders
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Excel
Hours and benefits
- Knowledge of Royalties tasks
- Experience of Finance in particular AP/AR roles
- Experience of working in a finance shared services environment
- 35 hours Monday to Friday
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 days in 5 years
- Competitive pension scheme rates
- Life Insurance
- On site canteen and parking
- Free courtesy bus to and from Basingstoke train station
- Discounted private medical
- Discount on books
By applying for any roles at MPIL (including Pan Macmillan and MDL) you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stated here:
Please, read these before submitting any applications.
Previous applicants need not apply.
The deadline for this vacancy is Friday 25th January 2019.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.